The Pop-up Dialog macro is an excellent tool for adding extra information to your page. You can add a trigger to your page, which activates a popup box with your content. You can embed other macros such as the button macro inside the Pop-Up Dialog. This can be a useful way to direct users to the most relevant content.
Watch our video walkthrough to see the Pop-up Dialog macro in action.
- Navigate to the page you want to edit.
- Click the Edit icon.
- Click Insert > View More.
- Select the Pop-up Dialog macro in the Browse screen.
- Complete the Pop-up Dialog Title field. eg. More Information Here.
- Select a width for the dialog box from the Pop-up Dialog Width drop-down menu.
- Select the Add Pop-up Trigger button.
- To edit the appearance of the trigger, select the edit icon.
- Complete the Trigger Text Field with what you want the button to say. eg. Click for More Information.
- Choose the alignment of the trigger button.
- Select Save.
- In the main macro editor, select Save.
- A macro placeholder appears on your page. Insert the content you want to show in your Pop-up Dialog inside this macro.
- Publish the page
- The trigger button now appears in place of the macro placeholder.
In this example, the dialog macro has two Button macros inside it. One has a link to an external webpage, and the other points to an anchor on the same page. You can use Pop-Up Dialogs in this manner to create simple decision trees.
Put Other Macros Inside
It is possible to put other macros inside this one. Some larger or more complex macros may not work, or work differently than expected.
|Macro||Works As Normal||Notes|
|Alert Macro||The alert will display each time that the macro holding it is opened.|
|Button Group||This type of macro will not fit inside another macro.|
|BibTeX Reference Macro||Currently this macro does not work|
|BibTeX Summary Macro||Currently this macro does not work|
|Footnote Macro||Currently this macro does not work|
|Footnote Summary Macro||Currently this macro does not work|
|Progress Bar Macro|
|Round Rectangle Macro||This type of macro will not fit inside another macro.|
|Tabs Macro||This type of macro will not fit inside another macro.|
|Macro||Works As Normal||Notes|
|Attachments||This macro displays the attachements on the page. However the drag and drop upload function does not work.|
|Chart||This type of macro will not fit inside another macro.|
|Content by Label|
|Content Report Table|
|Create From Template|
|Excerpt||This type of macro will not fit inside another macro.|
|Expand||If you wish to use this macro you can put it in the cell of a table, inside the macro.|
|Files and Images|
|Jira Roadmap||Only displays a link.|
|Layouts||This type of macro will not fit inside another macro.|
|Opsgenie Incident Timeline|
|Page Properties||This type of macro will not fit inside another macro.|
|Page Properties Report||This macro works as normal except when the table contains any other macros.|
|Page Tree Search|
|Recently Updated Dashboard|
|Roadmap Planner||The roadmap displays, but the links do not display when you hover over the bars.|
|Shared Links Bookmark|
|Table of Contents|
|Table of Content Zone||This type of macro will not fit inside another macro.|
|Trello Board||Although the board will display in edit mode, it does not display in view mode.|