Edit Skins - Skin Editor
Let’s start with an explanation of some terms you will see in this ThemeBuilder documentation.
What is a Confluence Theme?
ThemeBuilder is a Theme in the sense that it can be selected as an alternative to the default Confluence theme in Confluence Administration > Look and Feel.
What is a ThemeBuilder Skin?
A skin is the collection of editable panels that make up one whole page framework that can be applied to Confluence through ThemeBuilder. You can have multiple skins in the Skin Editor, and each can be applied automatically to individual spaces, pages, actions and similar options, to finely tune the user experience.
In previous versions of Theme Builder a skin was called the layout.
Skin Editor Overview
Left Panel - Skin Actions and Tree Menu
|Icon menu for actions you can apply to skins (from left to right):
- Save changes to selected skin
- New skin based on selected skin – new skin becomes child of selected skin
- Duplicate selected skin – new skin becomes sibling to selected skin
- Reload current skin – refresh to remove unsaved changes
- Revert skin to defaults – return to state matching skin it was created from
- Delete selected skin
Tree navigation showing all the skins available
Note that ROOT is always at the base of this tree and cannot be edited or deleted.
Right Panel - Seven Tabs for the Editor Tools
Click the headings on the right for more information on that item.