Use the Group(s) condition to control whether or not a user can transition an issue based on their group memberships.
There are two ways to use this condition depending on if you chose to invert the condition or not:
- (Normal) The transition is allowed if the current user is a member of any group(s) specified.
- (Inverted) The transition is allowed if the current user is not a member of any group(s) specified.
- You only want members of the Finance Team group to be able to transition a ticket to Account Paid.
- You do not want members of the Finance Team to be able to transition a ticket to Approved for Payment.
You can add this condition to any transition except the Create transition.
Select the Group(s) Condition [ScriptRunner] condition.
Enter a description of the condition in Note.
Enter the Groups you want to use to restrict the transition. Users who are members of these groups can transition the issue, unless the Invert Condition option has been selected. If the condition is inverted, all users apart from those in these groups can transition the issue.
- Optionally, select to Invert Condition.
For Jira servers and projects which allow anonymous users to view and transition issues: If the condition is not inverted, anonymous users are always blocked from transitioning the issue. If the condition is inverted, anonymous users are allowed to transition the issues.
Security Breach Review Example
You can use this condition to ensure separation of duties, for example, when reviewing a security breach.
In this task force are three teams: DevOps, Stakeholders, and Security. The review has four workflow statuses:
- To investigate
- Under investigation
- In review
You could use this workflow condition to restrict the transition of issues as follows:
To investigate -> Under investigation - Restricted to DevOps team.
Under investigation -> In review - Restricted to DevOps and Security teams.
In review -> Closed - Restricted to Security team.
Closed -> any state - Restricted to Stakeholders and Security teams.
In review -> Under investigation - Not allowed by DevOps team.