Project Role(s) Condition
Use the Project Role(s) condition to control whether or not a user can transition an issue based on their project role memberships.
There are two ways to use this condition depending on if you chose to invert the condition or not:
- (Normal) The transition is allowed if the current user is a member of any project role(s) specified.
- (Inverted) The transition is allowed if the current user is not a member of any project role(s) specified.
- You only want members of the Developers project role to be able to transition a ticket to In progress.
- You do not want members of the Project Managers role to be able to transition a ticket to To do.
You can add this condition to any transition except the Create transition.
Select the Project role(s) condition [ScriptRunner] condition.
For details on how to navigate to ScriptRunner workflow functions, see Navigating to Workflow Functions.
Enter a description of the condition in Note.
Enter the Project roles you want to use to restrict the transition. Users who are members of at least one of these project roles can transition the issue, unless the Invert condition option has been selected. If the condition is inverted, all users apart from those who are members of at least one of these project roles can transition the issue.
- Optionally, select to Invert condition.
For Jira servers and projects which allow anonymous users to view and transition issues: If the condition is not inverted, anonymous users are always blocked from transitioning the issue. If the condition is inverted, anonymous users are allowed to transition the issues.