Creating Custom Issue Hierarchies
Hierarchy for Jira lets you create parent-child relationships between any issues. You can create higher-level issues above epics, make tasks children of stories, and much more.
Follow these steps to o create a custom issue hierarchy.
- Go to the Settings menu and select Issues.
- Select Issue linking from the left menu.
- Scroll down to Add New Link Type and create a new link type with the following fields:
Agile Docs Parent
- Outward Link Description:
Inward Link Description:
child ofThe Outward Link Description must be
parent ofand Inward Link Description must be
child of. If either is switched, the hierarchy will not be recognized.
- After completing the fields, Add your new link type.
- Open an issue you want to make a parent or child of another issue, select Link Issue and add the parent of or child of link, depending on the relationship you want.
- Open Hierarchy for Jira Cloud to view your new issue hierarchy.