The text areas provide a larger section for text making it a good option when you want respondents to elaborate on an answer or ask them for additional information.
- Create your Form using the Forms for Confluence macro.
Add the Forms - Text Area macro to the form in the place you would like a text area to appear.
Set a name.
Set a label.
- (Optional) Set a description of the field.
- (Optional) Set if the field is required. This will ensure that users do not submit the form with an empty value in the text area
- (Optional) Set an initial value of the field.
- Save the macro to see a placeholder image of how the field will look on the saved page.
- Save the page to see the Textarea in the form.
To see an example of how you can use the Textarea macro within a form, see the Create a Form that Sends an Email to the Most Appropriate Department use case.