The Checkbox Matrix macro creates a table format of checkboxes for multiple questions, from which the user can select multiple answers per row.
This type of macro is common as a form of feedback/review, like the example image below.
To add a Checkbox Matrix to a form:
- Create your form using the Forms for Confluence macro on the desired page.
- In the body of the form, use the Insert button to add the Forms - Checkbox Matrix macro.
The Insert Checkbox Matrix macro window opens.
Set a Label for the matrix. This appears as the main text for the macro.
- Set a Field Name for the matrix. This provides the unique identifier of the field the macro will occupy.
- Enter Row Options. The Label will appear as the text in the left column. The Value is the identifier for the selection, which will display in the results when forms are submitted.
- Click the + option to add each additional row option.
- Enter Column Options. The Label will appear as the text, or numeric scale, in the left column. The Value is the identifier for the selection, which will display in the results when forms are submitted.
- Click the + option to add each additional column option.
Use the Selected checkbox option for any column option that should be selected by default when the matrix is displayed.
- Click Insert. A placeholder is added.
Click Publish to see the final, saved results.