Theme Builder 3.x Documentation
Theme Builder 3.x requires Confluence 2.3 or above. For best results we recommend using Confluence 2.5 or above.
The Layout Chooser allows you to browse, preview and select Theme Builder layouts...
Theme Builder 3.x introduces "hierarchical layouts" which allow you to create master layouts on which other layouts are based...
- CSS Tab — The CSS tab allows you to define custom CSS for a layout and optionally disable the inclusion of various CSS resources to gain more control over the overall CSS used in the layout.
- Body Classes — Theme Builder adds some useful classess to the HTML <body> tag that greatly simplify some otherwise complex style sheet scenarios...
- Confluence Colour Properties — This tutorial shows you how to use colours from the Colour Scheme settings in Space Administration within your CSS...
- CSS Replacements
- Firefox Extensions for CSS — If you're customising CSS, Firefox is the best browser for the job - especially with these nifty extensions...
- HTML Structure (Builder 3.x)
- Style Sheet Inheritance — Theme Builder 3.x and above allows you to inherit style sheet properties from parent layouts, however this process is different to that described in Layout Hierarchy for certain CSS resources.
- Style Sheets 3.x — This article explains which style sheets are loaded by Theme Builder 3.x, under what circumstances and in what order.
- JS Tab
- Layout Tab — The Layout tab allows you to customise which panels are shown within the selected layout...
- Panel Editor
- Background Settings — This menu allows you to quickly customise the background colour and/or image of the currently selected panel.
- Border Settings
- Colour Picker
- Panel Content — Panel content is one of the most important features of any theme layout, it allows you to define the navigation and other content that appears on all pages that use the layout.
- Position Settings
- Size Settings
- Text Settings
- Menus Tab — The Menus tab allows you to customise the design and functionality of menu-based navigation within the layout...
- Favourites Icon
- Search Engine Optimisation — Theme Builder provides a number of options that allow you to optimise your wiki for external search engines, including search appliances on your intranet, a process known as Search Engine Optimisation (SEO).
- Overview Tab — The Overview tab shows basic information about a layout such as it's ID, name and description...
- Permissions Tab — The Permissions Tab allows theme developers to restrict certain functionality to specific user groups.
Theme Administration provides centralised management of the themes and layouts for all spaces within your wiki.
- Backup Tab — The Backup Tab allows you to backup and restore layouts and also import Theme Builder 2.x configurations.
- Dashboard Tab
- Default Layouts Tab
- Global Permissions Tab
- Manage Spaces Tab
- Menulink Aliases Tab
Please see additional information in the Builder 3.x Release Notes: