Here are the changes we document in the Release Notes:
- New Features - Brand new functionality designed to make the app exceptional.
- Updates - Changes we’ve made, large and small, that we want you to be aware of.
- Bug Fixes - Issues we’ve resolved to make AutoBlocks work as designed.
06 October 2021
- You can now save your code and run manual triggers directly from the Code Editor.
- We added the ability to attach comments directly to workspace blocks. More improvements to this feature are coming soon!
- We added a banner for unsupported browsers. The message includes a link to the customer documentation where you can learn what's supported/unsupported.
- We changed all of our recipe titles to be more consistent and clear.
- We added support for keyboard navigation in workspaces. Search for "keyboard" in the Help Center to learn more.
- You can now sort your connections by connection type.
- We improved how grids load after an idle or expired session in the app.
- We upgraded to the latest versions of Material UI (now just called MUI) and Monaco Editor. No action is necessary for AutoBlocks users.
- We updated help hotspots again based on user feedback. They now appear as .
- We fixed a bug that caused toolbox misalignment in new workspaces.
- We fixed a bug that prevented Slack Slash commands from running as expected.
- We fixed a bug that caused slow workspace activations.
- We fixed a bug that caused some password managers to interfere with connection setup.
- We fixed a bug that prevented the Code Editor from loading in certain circumstances.
20 September 2021
- We made a small change to the Manage Connections screen that alleviates the potential for issues during later AutoBlocks use. Now when you create a new connection, you must enter a connection name before you can authorize or save the connection. Previously, you could save a connection even without a name, which we learned could cause issues. No more!
15 September 2021
- We added additional feedback to workspaces to indicate when changes are being saved and to flag specific code errors.
14 September 2021
- You now have the ability to add thumbnail images to your workspace tiles. This is helpful if you have multiple workspaces you're in and out of routinely or just want to add a bit of style to your AutoBlocks.
On the New Workspace or Manage Workspace screen, click Randomize to generate a random thumbnail. Repeat until you find an image you like.
You can click Use Preview to revert the thumbnail to the workspace preview at any time. See Workspaces for more info. Soon you'll be able to upload your own thumbnail images!
- AutoBlocks has upgraded to Blockly v6.
- The Activate button in the workspace now only becomes active when there are listeners that have the ability to be activated. Otherwise, the button is disabled. It currently takes a couple of seconds for the button to become active, but expect performance improvements soon.
- We added a Save button to the header of the Code Editor screen, which allows you to manually save your code. This is a peace-of-mind change because simply clicking while in the Code Editor to return to the workspace still saves any changes made in the editor.
- We fixed a bug that caused workspaces to unexpectedly be deleted when undo, via keyboard shortcut or right-click option, was the first action taken upon opening a workspace.
- We fixed a bug that sometimes prevented Code buttons from working as expected.
01 September 2021
- We improved the behavior of the workspace activate button (and have more improvements coming soon).
- We improved loading performance for workspaces.
- We fixed a bug that caused workspace header information like names and libraries to occasionally reset to a previous state.
- We fixed a bug that prevented the in-app docs overlay from working on certain screens. A known bug remains in the Workspace view.
- We fixed a bug that prevented trigger deactivations from appearing in the Activity Log/Reporting screen.
19 August 2021
- We implemented a set of updates that improve loading times for workspaces.
17 August 2021
- We improved AutoBlocks' performance and updated all third-party services to the latest versions available.
- We simplified the growing list of library filters on the Add Libraries screen.
- We changed the help hotspots to green to be easier on the eyes.
- We improved recipe categorization and sorting and will continue to do so as the number of recipes grows.
- We fixed a bug that prevented help hotspots from appearing on some screens.
28 July 2021
- Onboarding tips now appear in various places throughout the AutoBlocks UI.
Click the hotspots to reveal useful information relative to where you are in the app.
- We've settled on "authorize" as the go-forward term in the connection-creation process. You'll see this change reflected on all Manage Connection screens.
19 July 2021
- AutoBlocks now has a status page! 🟢 🟡 🔴
- http://status.autoblocks.com/ provides you with useful information about the availability of AutoBlocks service, as well as third-party services you connect to through the app.
- Learn more by reading our Status Page documentation.
- We have plans for additional performance-tracking devices for the status site in our backlog, so bookmark the status site and subscribe to notifications to keep track of the latest.
14 July 2021
- Learn more about our available packages.
06 July 2021
- We added support for the jose NPM package, which is described as "Universal 'JSON Web Almost Everything' - JWA, JWS, JWE, JWT, JWK, with no dependencies using native crypto runtimes."
- Learn more about our available packages.
25 June 2021
- We added a Recipes page to our documentation to introduce the concept and illustrate the basics. Using recipes can save you loads of time, so check them out! We'll be adding recipes to AutoBlocks on a regular basis, and you can expect more recipe-specific documentation in the near future, as well.
22 June 2021
- We added support for a new connection! Now you can connect AutoBlocks to SmartBear's Zephyr Scale, a scalable testing solution built to use within Jira Cloud.
16 June 2021
- We added the Entities NPM Package to the AutoBlocks library, which allows you to easily and quickly encode and decode XML and HTML entities.
- We added the Fast XML Parser NPM Package to the AutoBlocks library, which allows you to validate XML, parse XML to JS/JSON and vice versa, or parse XML to Nimn rapidly without C/C++ based libraries and no callback.
- Learn more about available packages.
27 May 2021
- We updated the UI for the Manage Workspace screen. Additional improvements will be made to the screen in the near future, so be on the lookout.
- We combined delete and deactivate into single action/click.
- We fixed a bug that intermittently caused handler errors when manual triggers were run for the first time.
- We fixed a related bug that sometimes caused code changes to not implement correctly the first time the code was run.
- We fixed a few stability and edge-case issues related to the previous two bugs.
26 May 2021
- We added a Filter/Sort button to the Workspaces view that allows you to sort workspaces A-Z or Z-A.
- We improved the way subscription information loads on the Accounts & Settings screen.
18 May 2021
- We made the code compilation and deployment processes more stable and reliable.
- We added additional monitoring capabilities to improve our service to end-users.
- We discovered and fixed a potential security vulnerability related to blocking private subnet access attempts in our infrastructure.
- We fixed a UI bug that caused initialism capitalization to display incorrectly.
17 May 2021
- AutoBlocks now supports Google Calendar! 📅
- We fixed a bug that prevented triggers from working in certain circumstances.
04 May 2021
- We updated HTTP Endpoint connection blocks to use the same common connection block as other libraries.
- We improved compilation feedback to be much less "chatty."
- We fixed a bug that prevented workspace names from being displayed on the Reporting screen.
- We fixed a bug that prevented text in Comment blocks from wrapping properly.
- We fixed import suggestions in the Code Editor.
29 April 2021
- We fixed a harmless but annoying bug that granted some free users multiple licenses.
27 April 2021
- We fixed a bug within Comment blocks that prevented long text strings from wrapping properly.
- We fixed some minor bugs related to connection blocks.
26 April 2021
- We're leveling up the AutoBlocks launch status! We're feeling like a proper, grown-up app today.
- We've activated payment plans.
- We've Introduced workspace recipes to help you jump in, learn the ropes, and do cool stuff with AutoBlocks ASAP.
- The team has made loads of additional improvements to the app, and more changes are coming in the next few weeks, so keep an eye on this page.
- We've added some new documentation pages to explain some of the latest changes.
20 April 2021
- We've improved workspace connection modules in a few ways:
- We added a common connection block for all connection types.
When you select a connection module from a specific library, only connections of that type are available to select.
When you select a connection from the Basic Library connection module, the appropriate library loads automatically.
We made connection icons and manage-connection buttons available from all connection blocks.
- We've made various improvements to the ServiceNow connection.
- We fixed a bug that sometimes caused manual triggers to run on their own.
16 April 2021
- We've improved support for ServiceNow connections.
- We fixed a bug in the Code Editor that caused code blocks to be deleted if the user pressed Backspace while viewing predictive Intellisense suggestions.
- We fixed a bug that prevented Jira On-Premise (Jira Server) connections from being set up properly.
15 April 2021
- We made some minor changes to the AutoBlocks UI to improve the user experience.
- Connections now have labels to clearly distinguish those that are authorized ( ) from those that are unauthorized ( ).
- We revised the names of the following connection and library options:
- Jira Server was updated to Jira On-Premise
- Jira Cloud was updated to Jira Cloud Platform
- Confluence Server was updated to Confluence On-Premise
- Bitbucket Server was updated to Bitbucket On-Premise
- Tempo for Jira Cloud was updated to Tempo Timesheets for Jira Cloud
- Service Now was updated to ServiceNow
07 April 2021
We fixed a bug on the Connection screen that prevented upper- and lower-case connection names from being properly sorted.
We fixed a bug on the Workspaces screen that caused alignment issues when the Activity Log was open.
We fixed some minor annoyances in the Code Editor and improved loading in the app.
06 April 2021
- We updated the logic around connection deletion. We added the ability to show/hide deleted connections in the connection grid, where you can also now restore them. If you restore a previously deleted connection, you will need to reauthorize it.
The connection grid can now be sorted A–Z and Z–A.
We fixed a bug in the Code Editor that prevented modules from automatically loading.
01 April 2021
This is no April Fool's joke, ladies and gents. We're thrilled to officially introduce you to AutoBlocks, Adaptavist’s visual integration platform built to help you automate with Atlassian tools. Building integrations in AutoBlocks is primarily code-based, but within an innovative Blocks UI powered by Google Blockly. So rather than limit your integration potential with a no-code UI, AutoBlocks embraces code in its hybrid UI and focuses on providing an unrivaled developer experience so you can build your scripts faster than ever. Amazing!
AutoBlocks is the one-stop shop for multi-instance integration, designed to grow with you as your environment evolves and scales. AutoBlocks handles Atlassian integrations, third-party integrations, and bespoke integrates for any service that talks over HTTP.
See UI and Navigation Basics to get a feel for the different parts of AutoBlocks UI, then give it a play. And check back here in the coming weeks as we add ready-made recipes to help you produce working automations in minutes.